Dad in his new robe from Marlene

Friday, January 28, 2011

Mom's more detailed update of last night's visit with Dad and the Doc:

Now I know for sure they are testing for lymphoma, myeloma (here is a good link for info on this one http://www.emedicinehealth.com/myeloma/article_em.htm ) , and infection. Dad’s blood pressure is a low, which is a minor concern. Dad is eager to come home, but the doctor said they would like to see his leg heal before then.
Earlier that day, they had Don up, using a walker. I asked him why it wasn’t in his room now, and he said it hurt too much, and that he needs to go for physio, beginning today.

This morning I got a call from Dad, saying I can pick him up at 5 pm. He knows I am very reluctant. Not that I don’t want him home, but I know he is pushing for it. He promised me that he would wait for the oncologist before leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment