Dad in his new robe from Marlene

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hi everyone;
This Dad/Don writing. I'm at home in my easy chair looking out on a -32 C day. The sun is shining bright and we count each day a blessing.
Things have happened fast here. Wednesday I had a pin put in my hip/upper leg. I think it was just an excuse for taking a biopsy. Friday afternoon I was back home. The intent is to go from the crutches, to the cane and then to normal walking. (I am at the cane stage.) I am debating but I think I will take a few days of disability so that I can go through this process. There are several exercises and I need to walk around the house every 45 mins minimum.
The results from the biopsy should be available in a week and a half. At first things look very dark. the doctors thought that there was a primary sources inside my abdomen that had moved to the bones. This does not appear to be the case and the hopeful scenario now is that I have Lymphoma which relatively easy to treat with chimo. Eva and I feel we have been give a second chance.
Who knows where this comes from. Over the years, I have come in contact with a lot of stuff especially when growing potatoes. When we were dating I would pick up Eva and her co-workers would tease her about my orange hair. I was spraying a top killer that could have been related to agent orange.
The Lord is good. We see this as a valley we need to go through. At the other end we hope to come out better understanding others. Some of us are tough and it takes a hard hit on the head to mellow us. Thanks for taking this trip with us to the other side of this valley. Keep praying, there is a big journey ahead and I cannot go though it alone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Don and Eva:
    Greetings from Honduras -- your former home. Ida Mutoigo forwarded Eva's message and I've shared it with Irene and Reyna. I'm sure the word will progress on from there and many will join us in praying for God's healing hand.
    Thank you for sharing with many your faith in God's ability to see you through this valley. It's a belief we hang onto tightly and has made the difference for so many.
    In closing, a few words from a favorite Psalm.
    "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Ps 27:13-14
    God's peace,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete