Dad in his new robe from Marlene

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hi Kids

Dad is home again, and we are happy. I told Dad that I feel that we have been given a second chance.

Yesterday, Dad called the church office to let me know that I could pick him up at 5 pm. I wasn’t too sure this was possible from the reaction of the dr when I was there the day before, so told him to call me back after the oncologist came. I think God was saying, “get him” by sending a snowstorm, dumping eight inches of snow in six hours. Pastor Don had to go out for an appointment, and when he came back shortly before noon, told me to leave as the driving conditions were so bad. I had trouble getting out of the church parking lot, and when got home, asked our neighbour Roy if we could pick up Dad in his SUV. Good thing, as the snow ruts would have over taken my little car, adding to the stress. Dad was dressed and ready to go, and even had the flowers wrapped up against the cold. 15 minutes later, we were in the car, heading home again.

Dad spent the rest of the day in his chair in the living room, snoozing off when he wasn’t reading. I spent it close to him. Thank you to everyone who prayed. God answered.

Today, we slept in till 9:00 am, unheard of, but we needed it. It’s now 11:00 am, and we are still in our pj’s with no hurry to go any where.

One of my favourite songs is playing right now, “O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus”, song by Selah: Hiding Place. It portrays how we both feel right now.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hzYKovRsJ8


O the deep, deep love of Jesus,

Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!

Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love

Leading onward, leading homeward to

Thy glorious rest above!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,

Spread His praise from shore to shore!

How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth

Never, nevermore!

How He watches o’er His loved ones,

Died to call them all Huis own

How for them He intercedeth, watcheth

O’er them from the throne!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,

“Tis a heav’n of heav’ns to me

And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!

1 comment: