Dad in his new robe from Marlene

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Pace is Picking up Again

As most people have heard, on Thursday we were told that I have lymphoma cancer and we expect it to be the non-Hodgkin’s type which is good news. However, that has also put the health system into high gear again. The surgeon said I was healing well and the leg was able stand radiation. Monday morning, I have to go to the haematologist for blood work and in the afternoon to the Cancer Clinic to see what the treatment regime is ahead.

I will be under the care of Drs. Dao and Bashir. These are names of talented people who came to this country after I did and I for one am grateful they did. It means that doctors are available to meet my needs and that there are younger people around who maintain the pension base so that I can draw money in the near future. Manitoba receives about 12,000 new Canadians every year.

We are thankful that things are moving forward: the sooner the better. Please pray for the coming week that things will go well. Thank you for your ongoing support.

No comments:

Post a Comment