Dad in his new robe from Marlene

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Good Week

Here is a quick up date to the past week. It has been a good week even though it was a week of waiting. We do not expect to hear about the results of the biopsy until Thursday. However, we remain optimistic that it will be treatable. The search for effected tissue in the body only showed that some lymph nodes may be infected.

A large part of this optimism is due to the prayers, visits, phone calls and support of family and friends. Tuesday a group of inner city coworkers brought a meal and we had lunch together. Friends from the church dropped by and just the usually weeks activities filled up the days. Various people have offered or given rides, brought food and played games. I read three novels in as many days. All the attention and relaxation grows on me.

On the weekend, Eva and I joined our very supportive neighbours for a senior’s dinner with the 55+ members of our church. Sunday we were able to go the church and, in the evening, get prayed over by the members of our small group. Today, I had some urgent things to do at work and was there from 9:00 to 3:00. At the end, I was tired and when I arrived home, went directly for a nap. Maybe I’ll try a half day tomorrow.

Thanks again for your payers and support.

Don Miedema

No comments:

Post a Comment